What is ACPD?
The Africa Children’s Prayer Day is one of the annual events that was founded by the Child-net Tuamke Organization in partnership with various churches. The organization, whose mission is to fulfill the great commission in Matthew 28: 18-20, by bringing the children of Kenya and Africa to the Savior was founded in 2005. The organization hosts the Childnet Children Workers Training (CCWT) conference every last weekend of April each year to equip the Children’s Ministry workers with effective skills. The teachers are then provided with a well-developed curriculum to cater for children between the ages of seven to thirteen years.
Five Sequential Key Learning Points:
The curriculum is a month’s-based learning process and is conducted using fun, interactive and impactful methods for the children. It focused on five sequential key learning points:
- God’s Love- The importance of being God’s child (1 John 4:8).
- Man’s Sin- The sinful nature of all human beings (Romans 3:23).
- God’s Solution- The crucifixion of Jesus for us to be saved (1 Corinthians 15:3, 1 John 4:14).
- Admit and Accept- Admitting sin and accepting Christ as the Savior (1 John 1:12).
- Assurance- Believing in God’s forgiveness and receiving His gift of eternal life.
Children From All Over Africa Congregate And Use A Prayer Guide To Pray
The Prayer Day is a culmination of the curriculum, where children from all over Africa congregate and use a prayer guide to pray, led by their teachers and Pastors. The event which is held every first weekend of October took place this year on Saturday 5th October 2019. The theme for this year was Firmly Rooted and Built in Christ (Colossians2:6-7). A total of 250 children from different churches attended the event at CITAM Eldoret Church commencing at 7:30 Am to 12:30 PM. A number of parents, guardians as well as teachers, elders and pastors were present at the event. The program of the day was lined with activities ranging from poems, songs, a movie and Prayer.
The children engaged in seven sessions of prayer:
- Prayer for Repentance -The children knelt and asked for forgiveness of sins.
- Prayer for Identity in Christ -In different postures as guided by their teachers, they prayed for strengthening of their faith.
- Prayer for the Nation -Prayer for God to heal our land from vices such as corruption and child abuse.
- Prayer for Blessing over our nation -They prayed for blessings upon the leaders, the church, families and the economy.
- Prayer for the Children’s requests -They prayed for each other’s requests that had been compiled earlier on.
- Prayer for other Nations and the world -They prayed for different countries currently in crisis including South Sudan and South Africa.
- Prayer for Commitment and Thanksgiving -The final prayer involved giving thanks for the successful day as well commitment to reading the word of God and obedience.
The Prayer day was successful and instrumental in teaching children to lay their foundation and anchor their lives in Christ. They prayed as well as enjoyed learning with their peers.